Warehouse Team Member
Warehouse Team Member
A position has arisen for an experienced Warehouse Worker for a full-time, permanent position, based in Hemmant, QLD. You will be required to perform an array of functions that include receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, picking and filling orders from stock, packing and shipping orders, and managing, organizing and retrieving stock in the warehouse. We are looking for someone with plenty of energy and a real CAN - DO attitude.
Hours of work will be:
Ready to start at 7:45am – Finish at 16:00pm
Monday to Friday
There will be occasions when late finishes are needed.
Essential duties and responsibilities
• Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks and checking in merchandise
• Prepare orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area
• Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to organizational standards
• Open bales, crates and other containers
• Maintains inventory controls by collecting stock location orders, printing request, recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed through a computer
• May also assist in counting of physical inventory
• Prepare parcels for mailing
• Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and work stations neat; Sweep, dust and mop
• Organise warehouse and work area for orderliness
• Wear the correct safety equipment
• 1-2 years previous warehouse experience preferred
• Forklift experience
• Good communication, organizational, time management and mathematical skills
• Dependable and reliable
• Inventory, equipment maintenance, data entry and computer skills may be required
Physical demands and abilities
• Regularly required to use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
• Undertake manual handling tasks including: lifting and carrying stock; pushing and pulling trolleys; pushing, pulling and pumping pallet jacks; climbing ladders and stairs
• The physical ability to repetitively load and unload, pick and pack heavy items
• Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
• Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance
• Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, colour vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
Be available for immediate start.
Please email your Resume and Application Letter to:
We thank in advance all applicants for your interest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.